Build and Maintain Your Own Sites
- Are you ready to go make money? Is your content in place? Do you have traffic and a promotion plan? How many page views do you have per month? Who uses your site, what are they looking for and what might they respond to in an ad or affiliate program. How much time do you have to put towards this project?
- Find Advertisers and Sponsors
- We listed some good affiliate programs that will send you a check. Not all programs are legitimate. Which ones can you trust to pay you? You may need to try a few to figure out which service/ad combination will work for your type of site.
- Set Up the Referral or Affiliate Links
- Optimize your site so it's easy to add programs and ads. An HTML editor like Dreamweaver is very good. Host your sites at good web hosting companies.
- Monitor the performance
- Check often and make changes if needed. Ads grow stale. Do your visitors respond to text links or banner ads. What's new that you could be adding.
Add useful content and tools can really help attract traffic and hold an audience.
I can't emphasize this one enough. Take a unique approach on your site and then add good strong related content and services.
Some Money Making Myths
Myth 1: Only big sites with millions of page views can make money. Not true at all.
Myth 2: Ad revenue is dead and so is affiliate revenue. Also not true. Ad revenue may not be as high as it once was but appropriate ads ( targeted ) work.
Myth 3: It's dead easy. Just put a page and voila - collect cash. Don't we wish. The allure of the pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow is strong.
A lot of scam sites will tell about that pot o' gold and some scams make money AND some folks win lotteries too! Ask yourself this - if the idea was so GREAT why aren't they just doing it and going to the bank - why are they trying to sell you their book on how to do it? Be skeptical - be smart - be aware.
Which Affiliates Can Help Make Money With Web Site ?
Affiliate Programs Directory